We've been parents for almost two years now -- but this New Year's Eve, it really hit me; we have REALLY embraced parenthood. We were at a New Year's Eve party at a friends house, and there about 4 of us there with children -- all of them the same age. Throughout the night we all laughed, snapped photos and engaged each other and the kids with full gusto. But at some point during the night, I realized all the single people without kids were off in another room laughing and drinking it up. I thought, "That used to be me. What happened?" Is there a way to merge the two? I can never go back to my single party days, nor do I want to -- but I also don't want to become THAT person who can't have a 2 minute conversation without mentioning her kid. Maybe there is a happy medium? Anyway, here are the photos from that night. As you can see the girls had a blast, and we had fun snapping their pictures.
Christmas festivities 2012
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment